Saturday, January 16, 2010

Thanks...

Hey everyone!!

Are you having a great weekend so far? I know I am! :) I had planned on going to Michael's after work today but then a "little voice" told me to check out Jo-Ann's instead. (I'm not hearing voices. I promise I'm sane. hahaha. Promise.) Boy, am I glad I went! Almost everything was 40 percent off!! Weee!!! So, I have more than a few new toys that I can't wait to use and the best part, I get to share my cards with all of you lovely people! :) Yayy!

Today's card is my take on Embellish Mag's Color Challenge *with STRIPES.* I am beyond excited with this color combo! I love love love love ... did I say, love? ... PURPLE!

This card's layout was inspired by a few Kristina Werner cards. I have been really inspired by her videos and how it shows her design process. I admire her tons! So, if you haven't checked her out (which I doubt because she's awesome), go here! :)

I tried something new (to me) with the ribbon. I thought it turned out really pretty. After finishing the card with the handwritten sentiment, I thought the floral focal image could've been placed a tad lower.. But darn those mini pop dots! hahaha. I hope you enjoy this! :)

Also, Embellish Mag's Color Challenge this week is being sponsored by Clear and Simple Stamps. It's a super fun challenge so, check them out! :)

Thanks for looking!

Stamp: StudioG ($ bin) - Paper: PTI Dark Chocolate, Plum Pudding, Kraft, Recollections Basics Purple Pinstripe pp - Ink: VersaMark - Other: Sakura white gel pen, satin ribbon, pearls, Fiskars corner rounder

14 comments:

Nicki (CSS) said...

This is precious! I love that floral focal point with the stripes - so classy. Great card!

..::Paulina::.. said...

What a fun card! Love the simplicity and sophistication!

Maureen said...

stunning ribbon and flower...love what you've done with the challenge :)

Charlene Austin said...

WOW!!!! This is absolutely awesome!

Simone said...

Stunning card! I love what you have done with the flower and the ribbon! :)

Lea L. said...

This is beautiful! I love the purple floral accent in the corner...it is geometrically fabulous! :) Great job with the Embellish Mag color challenge!

♥Lea

Rae said...

Love your take on this challenge. It all came together beautifully!

Dawn said...

Absolutely love what you did with that floral accent piece. I'm a sucker for symmetrical geometric shapes!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

Great design! Love that layout!

Nancy L. said...

love it!

marianagrigsby said...

So elegant! Thanks for playing along with us!

Ruby said...

What a pretty card. I love the double bow, gorgeous!

Maile Belles said...

What a great layout! So gald you could join us in the Embellish challenge.

Laural-Lee said...

Lovely simple layout. Beautiful ribbon treatment.