Tuesday, October 27, 2009

"They say it's your birthday!"

Happy Tuesday everyone!
I have a couple of birthday cards to share today. Two of my wonderful clients are celebrating their birthdays in November. I decided to give Ms Beate Johns' Weekend Sketch Challenge a go! Yay!! :)

I started out this card with the patterned paper. I just really liked how the swirlies looked with the roses. I embossed two Scarlet Jewel squares with the CB Paisley folder, matted it onto Kraft. I printed out the sentiment on cream cardstock using MS Word, cut and embossed using Labels 4 die. I am just in love with this font! I believe it's called Champignon Swash. Lastly, I tied a bow with ribbon I got from the dollar bin at Michaels.

For the second card, I decided to go a little BRIGHT! Started out with PTI's Stamper's Select White cardstock. Matted patterned paper (me & my big ideas paper pack) onto Aqua Mist, rounded all corners for both. Switched the sketch to have the squares on opposite ends and used CB Flower Fantasy for the embossing. I stamped a flower image in pink (StudioG) and green (Memento New Sprout) with the sentiment stamped in Rich Cocoa (Memento).

I had so much fun trying another challenge! Have a great week everyone! :)

No comments: