Monday, November 16, 2009

You're Sweet.

Hello!! I hope everyone had a great weekend. :)

Today's card is my take on Ms Karen's Sweet Sunday Sketch. I used some patterned paper that I've been wanting to use since I purchased it. I think I've been putting it off because it's quite bright and has mostly primary colors in it. But with this week's Embellish Magazine challenge, I thought it was the perfect excuse to use it. :) Although, I don't think I will submit this one. The challenge, apart from the use of the colors blue, red, yellow and green, is to use brads of those same colors. I have not a single brad of those colors. *sadness* BUT! Making this card was super fun!! So, here we go. I hope you like it. :)

I started with PTI's Lemon Tart as base. The patterned paper is from DCWV. It is so bright and cheery with all those sweet little birdies!! Weee!!!! :) I cut a Pure Poppy circle using my Cricut and embossed it using CB Swiss Dots folder. I then cut a piece of New Leaf and popped that on top of the circle, then tied the ribbon in place. I took another small piece of LT and rounded opposite corners. I stamped the sentiment with Memento Lady Bug. I chose two super adorable birdies from the group, cut them out and popped them up! I'm not sure I love all these colors on one card but, it sure is a cheerful card. Yay!! :)

Thanks for looking! :)

1 comment:

Michelle Scott said...

That birdie paper is so cute! I love your very "sweet" card! It would be perfect to brighten up a friend's day!