Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Thinking of You...

Hello everyone!

It is a chilly 30deg, yet bright and sunny Tuesday morning! It looks amazing out but, I think I'm staying in! I've got my warm old puffy blanket, my lil doggie Stewie (to keep me extra warm.. I'm amazed how warm this little 13lb rat terrier is!!) and a good read. *sigh* But before I get all comfy and settled in, I've got a card to share with you. :) :)

Today's card is my take on Mojo Monday's Sketch #121 and Ms Dawn McVey's Raspberry Suite Color Challenge #21. I loved combining these two!


I whipped up this card pretty quickly.. The only thing that was a real challenge was tying that bow right! I fiddled with it to no end! haha. I saw Ms Dawn's tutorial a few days ago and have tied a couple of bows using her technique with ease. But this aqua ribbon was kicking my butt! I won in the end though! Wee!!! (I just have to say, learning new things is just the awesomest thing in the world! A few posts back, I mentioned learning a trick from Ms Gina of StampTV on bow tying. Now, with Ms Dawn's video, I've got another technique in my cardmaking arsenal! Yay!! for awesome teachers!!)

Don'cha just love that patterned paper?? I do!! It is from a stack I got forever ago. I thought it was the perfect backdrop for this card as it had the right combination of colors. Hope you enjoy this card! :) :)

(click photo for larger view)

Thanks for looking!! :) :)

Stamp: StudioG clear stamps Series16 - Paper: PTI Dark Chocolate, Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Bazzil Mother of Pearl, patterned paper from Michael's - Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa - Other: Michael's satin ribbon, paper piercer, Fiskars corner rounder, Recollections pearls, Martha Stewart royal butterfly punch

5 comments:

Inspired Scrapper said...

Love the card :)

Pam W. said...

Very pretty design. Great job with Dawn's challenge.

Michelle said...

Lovely card.

Betty Kimmel said...

This is a beautiful card, love the little butterfly :)
Have a nice day!!
-BK

Lea L. said...

Lovely card....so elegant! Great job with the challenges!

♥Lea