Friday, August 19, 2011

"Folded" Love...

Hello everyone! Happy Friday!

Earlier today, Kristina (KWernerDesign) added a new video for the "Focus Fridays" series. It was such an awesome tutorial that I *had* to try it! You can check out the vid tutorial here.

For her card, Kristina used Martha Stewart's All Over The Page Punch. While it certainly makes punching out a shape much easier, I thought a regular punch could also do the trick, albeit a little... well, tricky. ;)

I used the MS Royal Butterfly Punch and after a couple of test punches on scrap cardstock, I figured out where the score line had to be to create the perfect punch.


After punching one side with half of the butterfly, simply flip and punch the other. I found it was helpful to draw tick marks to align the edges of the wing and body.

I added patterned paper on the inside of the card so it peeked through the butterfly, as though it had colorful dotted wings! weee! :) I also used the handy Stamp-a-ma-jig to achieve perfect placement for the sentiment on all the flaps.

 


That's it for now! Sorry about the blurry photos. Still learning how to capture clear photos.. Having to "direct" the hubs (that's him up there holding the card up) was an experience! LOL

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for stopping by!
 



CS: PTI Pure Poppy
PP: DCWV Citrus Matstack
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamp: Fiskars Lasting Love Quotes
Other: Spellbinders Label 4 die, Recollection pearls, MS butterfly punch

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Well done with your interpretation of the card. I too thought paper on the inner panel would be interesting. =)

Nancy said...

Thank you Jennifer! It really is such a fun technique. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. :)