Tuesday, August 23, 2011

His and mine are the same...

Happy Tuesday everyone!

I hope everyone is having a great week so far. The weekend sure did fly by! I celebrated my 30th this weekend... had a really nice dinner with the hubs, went to see a movie (which, unfortunately was a dud - but enjoyed the time together) and had a couple of really enjoyable meals out. Yes. We love to eat. HA! ;)

Along with celebrating my birthday, we also had to have all four tires and the alternator replaced on our Jeep. Fun. Stuff. It really set us off track with our savings, but all of it's necessary and so we simply need to get back on track! I am truly grateful that the hubs really enjoys his work, which provides more than enough for us. We are simply blessed.

With all that gratefulness in mind, I put this simple card together, inspired by Just Us Girls Challenge No. 98. {It's been a good while since I joined in on the fun with the "Girls." I've missed the great fun and inspiration there! Be sure to check them out. :) }


Although I adore patterned paper, floral and distressed ones like this kinda intimidate me. I just don't know how to work them at times! So, I kept it clean and let the colors be the main thing.

Oh, and how about that sentiment?! I just absolutely love it! I think it describes how most of us feel about that important person in our lives. :)

Have a great rest of the week and thanks for stopping by! Leave a comment, I love reading them. :)




CS: PTI Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy, yellow piece from Michael's paper pack
PP: from an old stash
Stamp: Fiskars Lasting Love Quotes
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Other: green grosgrain ribbon from Michael's

2 comments:

Andrea M said...

GORGEOUS card with a fabulous sentiment! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls!!!

Elise said...

Well, girly-girl - I LOVE how you just dive back in! GLAD to have your graceful talent in the mix with Just Us Girls! THIS card is radiant! Glad to hear you had a lovely birthday {although I'd really like to know what movie rated as a "dud!" LOL!} - GREAT post! Thanks, again for the generosity of your creative work, we LOVE it!