Sunday, August 14, 2011

Many, many thanks...

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Had a pretty busy morning -- went grocery shopping, made a return and a stop at Home Depot. The hubs was nice enough to remember that I needed something called a plumber's gasket. No, I am not trying to learn the intricacies of plumbing. Believe it or not, I use it for embossing. Yes, embossing.


I'm pretty sure this piece of info is nothing new to most crafters, but allow me to share :) ... Also called a rubber gasket (see red piece in the photo), it's an effective and inexpensive substitute to the tan embossing mats used for the Cuttlebug (die cutting and embossing machine). The tan mat typically runs between $9-$12. I got two sheets for just over $4.50. I say, SCORE! hehe

Anyway, I recently discovered a challenge blog and I am absolutely loving it! CAS-ual Fridays is a weekly challenge blog dedicated to CAS: Clean and Simple designs. I love it! Love it, love it. Clean lines, straight forward design = happy sigh. ;)

So to end this lovely weekend, I hope you enjoy my take on CAS-ual Fridays Challenge CFC15.


Geez, that photo's massive! hahaha. But don'cha just love that cherry blossom??

"Many, many thanks" for stopping by!! Have a great week ahead! :)
 




CS: PTI Raspberry Fizz, Dark Chocolate and Spring Moss
Stamps: Hero Arts (sentiment), Rubber Stampede (cherry blossom)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Other: Martha Stewart rose quartz glitter, Elmer's craft bond

3 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a super pretty card, so fine and delicate. hee hee, had to laugh at your plumber's gaskets. I think that was the one and only time my husband asked someone at a hardware store where to find one, and the gentleman SERIOUSLY asked if it were for embossing! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kryssi said...

Pretty and simply executed! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Nancy said...

Thanks so much ladies!!! :)

@Karen B: I found it amusing too! Thanks for the inspiration. :)